Personal injury cases are applicable when there is a huge involvement of the third party and their negligence. You are facing injuries due to negligence of any third party, and therefore, it is known as the personal injury case. If you are hurt in personal injury cases, the law says that you can file a lawsuit against them to claim compensation for your losses.
However, there are different types of personal injury against which you can file a lawsuit. So, in this article, we will discuss those types of personal injury cases. If you are in Hartford, you can consult Hartford personal injury attorney for better ideas about the case.
What are Different Types of Personal Injury Cases?
- Bicycle Accidents: Bicycles do not have anything to protect them, and therefore, when they collide with other vehicles, the reaction is disastrous. There can be catastrophic injuries or even other severe injuries in bicycle accidents.
- Car Accidents: Car crashes can also lead to disastrous results. There can be various reasons for car accidents, and they can result in a wide range of damages, from injuries to long medical bills. It can also lead to lost wages due to pain and suffering from the injuries.
- Medical Malpractice: There are some instances when there are some mistakes that worsen people’s condition. So, in this case, if a doctor makes a mistake that is harmful to the patient, it comes under medical malpractice, and it can also be filed under personal injury cases.
- Catastrophic Injuries: Catastrophic injuries are long-lasting injuries that take time to heal or, in some cases, can leave a permanent injury. For instance, traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injury are some examples of catastrophic injuries. This demands personal injury cases with high compensation because there is a huge loss in such cases.
- Motorcycle Accidents: A motorcycle can be a fun and exciting ride for you, but if there is an accident on a motorcycle, it can have a severe and disastrous impact on the person. It is because there is not as much safety available in motorcycles as in cars. If some reckless driver hits the motorcycle, it will lead to severe injuries and a ground for a personal injury case.
- Truck Accidents: Trucks carry cargo for transport, and it isn’t easy to control it while driving fast. In this situation, if there is any condition that leads to an accident, trucks can have major damage along with the driver.
- Pedestrian Accident: This is the most important personal injury case in which there is negligent behavior by the drivers who harm the pedestrians on the roads.